Monday, February 14, 2011

It was a busy weekend.....

Here it is.......Monday, Valentines Day already......(oh, by the way, did I mention that I celebrated my 40th wedding anniversary a couple weeks ago with my valentine?).....back to my original thought.........time to reflect on this past weekend for a moment.......which was awesome. The sunshine and temps were unbelievable which gave reason to a lot of you that had not played on the snow yet this winter to spend some time at Seven Oaks. Met so many new people from all over the state and beyond........it was great.

My sister and her husband and one of their grand daughters came to visit Sunday.....had a good visit......don't seem to see much of my brother in law for the past several months since I retired from the factory life so it was good to catch up on things with him. He and I actually shared an apartment back in the 1800's..........well it was a long time ago anyway.

Many are wondering if this rise in temps means we are done for the season.........well we don't think so. We have so much snow on the trails ........even after the warm weekend that we should make it fine. And our objective would be to blow more snow when we can.........when the temps drop low enough at night........putting a little fresh stuff out there for you........so stay tuned. Some are calling for another snow event this weekend some time.
I will admit it is nice to have north facing slopes so we don't get the brunt of the sun in late winter. It was interesting yesterday to see how much and how many of the trails were in the shade even when the sun was a couple hours from setting........
Here are a couple more pics from the weekend.



see you on the slopes soon.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY