Sunday, May 6, 2012

Getting Ready

The GAC (Gladiator Assault Challenge) construction team ............9 of them.............arrived Thursday afternoon to begin the process of building the course.  I arrived friday morning to help where I could........and it turned out to be a full and productive day.  The final location for lot of obstacles was decided and construction began........ as well as finished for several.  A person can begin to get a little bit of a deviate mind when thinking about  the design of a challenging course!  I know I am biased but I think the race is going to be awesome..........the way they have it designed and the obstacles they built and are building.  Expect some pictures of the construction progress on facebook.

Went over to the Lucky Pig in Ogden for a good meal later friday night.  I was hungry and they took care of that.  My face was bright red from the day of sun.............in fact a five year old grand daughter told me she could keep warm from my face........  Belly full, tired........slept very well!

Saturday was another good day.  More features were finished...........and we did a lot of walking on the trails..............I mean a LOT............and it was 85 degrees with high humidity.  Joel and I walked two large sections and then showed GAC our thoughts on the first of two sections...............then this is where I said........bye bye.........I will get the truck and meet you on the east end to give you a ride back from section two.  Man it was hot...........and I was thirsty.  Joel walked this section with the guys...........they made some adjustments as they went ...........and they were hot and thirsty when they got done as well.  The whole upcoming weekend of fun and racing is taking shape. 

Speaking of shape..........I bet I dropped five pounds over two days............If I were to walk those trails on a regular basis I bet I would get in shape..........and I should.....
Got cleaned up about mid afternoon to head into Boone for Austin's ISU graduation party.  What a great young man he is........wish him the best as he finds his niche in life now.  His brother Zach worked at Seven Oaks one ski season a few years back.  Had the opportunity to visit him as well.  Austin has worked in the front office for a few years.........

Had a great group in the lodge Wednesday........the state wide Keep Iowa Beautiful annual meeting spent the day with us.  What a worthwhile organization.  Everyone should do their part in Keeping Iowa Beautiful and Mother Nature wholesome.

Saturday afternoon and evening had an ISU grad hosting a party in the lodge and there is a high school graduation party in the lodge Sunday afternoon.

Boats were on the water friday and saturday..............there was a paintball group on friday and another on saturday and there were campers all weekend as well.

Heading to church in a couple hours then probably chill a big part of today...........especially with thunderstorms predicted for a good part of the day.........

See you at Seven Oaks.

No comments: