Thursday, May 13, 2010

the sun will come out tomorrow....

......because tomorrow is my final day of employment at my job in Oskaloosa. I have been at the same place for 41 years and it is now time to move on. I am very proud of the accomplishments during those years.........great advances in technology, in square footage under roof (400,000 sq ft compared to about 150,000 ft when I started), the volume of production and the change in the work environment and culture. It's been a ride........

.....but it's time for more of my time to be devoted to the continued growth of Seven Oaks. It's time for me to impart more of what I have learned on the managment group at Seven Oaks......as it is them that will be our future. It's time for more travelling. It's time for more family time........hey I do have seven wonderful grandkids that need more spoiling before they are grown!

......it has been pretty busy at Seven Oaks since I last wrote.........and I do plan on making more entries to the blog during the summer.......the lodge has had good activity with weddings and receptions........the FAF last friday night was GREAT.......paintball has been rockin.........the mountain bike/hiking trails have been quite busy.........several tent campers.........and now we are starting in full swing with canoe and kayak river floats.........a little tooooo cool for river tubes yet.

.......one of the first things on the agenda next week is to sort thru all the possible growth opportunities with the staff and develop a game plan for implementation. That process and those decisions will be good writing material in the blog for some time.....

.......so check back........I'll be contributing again soon.........

this weekend looks great........

No comments: